Healthwatch Portsmouth has published its annual report for the year 2018-2019.
Last year we heard from 530 people who visited our stalls and told us about their experience of a number of different areas of health and social care. Local people told us that they wanted local health services to communicate better between services to prevent unnecessary appointments being made for treatment.
- 530 people shared their health and social care story with us, 45% more than last year
- 18 volunteers helped us to to carry out our work. In total they gave 559 hours of their time
- 4,443 people accessed Healthwatch Portsmouth advice and information online or contacted us with questions about local support.
- We visited 13 health and care services and 30 community events to understand people’s experience of care. From these visits, we made eight recommendations for improvement
- Six improvements that we suggested were adopted by services to make health and care better in our community
- Our social media reach was huge over the last activity year, a total of 1,329,859 interactions. This is a 97% increase on the previous year