We have been informed by Solent NHS Trust that Portsmouth Water will be carrying out major works in the roads surrounding St James Hospital over the next few weeks starting from Monday 8 October. As a result of the disruption there is likely to be congestin on the main roads surrounding St James – patients and carers are advised to allow extra time to reach the hospital.
|LOCATION||START DATE WEEK COMMENCING||DURATION|
|CHURCH VIEW||8 OCTOBER 2018||6 WEEKS|
|BLENDWORTH ROAD||15 OCTOBER 2018||5 WEEKS|
|WARREN AVENUE||22 OCTOBER 2018||7 WEEKS|
|CATISFIELD ROAD||12 NOVEMBER 2018||6 WEEKS|
|MEON ROAD||26 NOVEMBER 2018||6 WEEKS|
Public Health England have published a guide to the winter flu vaccination – it includes information on people who should consider having the vaccination.
Flu can affect anyone but if you have a long-term health condition the effects of flu can make it worse even if the condition is well managed and you normally feel well.
You should have the free flu vaccine if you are:
• pregnant or have a long term condition such as:
• a heart problem
• a chest complaint or breathing difficulties, including bronchitis, emphysema or severe asthma
• a kidney disease
• lowered immunity due to disease or treatment (such as steroid medication or cancer treatment)
- Carers are not always aware of their rights to an assessment and information and advice.
- Carers only start looking for help when they reach a ‘crisis’ point. Any delay in accessing support at this point has an adverse effect on their health and wellbeing.
- Carers have to wait an average of 57 days for services once they request support. This, in and of itself, is not an overly long wait, […]
Portsmouth Council’s Voluntary Sector Support team are putting on a Big Lottery funding workshop. If your organisation is interested in receiving funding from the Big Lottery come along and find out more on 22 October 2018 at the Civic offices, Guildhall Square.
Session description – Matt York, Big Lottery Funding Manager for the Solent Area will be giving a presentation about Big Lottery support for communities and funding streams and after the presentation he’ll be available to talk on a 1-1 basis to discuss your organisation and ideas. There will also be information about other small grants and help and advice about getting your organisation ready to bid for funding.
For further information and to sign up […]
Health and Care Portsmouth are running a learning disabilities celebration event on Wednesday 10 October at the training academy in Gunwharf Quays (opposite Marks and Spencer) – people with learning disabilities, their families and carers and professionals are invited for a day of celebration and learning with workshops, information and stalls. We will be there handing out information about Healthwatch Portsmouth and talking to people about their heakth and care.
The event takes place 10am-3pm – come for the full day or drop in for part of it. Health and Care Portsmouth – Portsmouth Learning Disabilities: Celebration and Learning Event – 10 […]