We currently have a student from the University of Portsmouth on placement with us conducting a community research project to find out about current patient experience with social and health care services and to learn about issues faced with the service that are received.
If you or someone you know are living in Portsmouth, are currently receiving support for a long term mental health condition and olanzapine (the antipsychotic drug) was prescribed for your treatment we would be really grateful if you could take 5 minutes to complete our […]
Message from Sarah Balchin. Head of Patient Experience QA Hospital:
“Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust Patient Experience Charity has been launched! We work closely with patients, families, carers and members of our local community to understand what really matters most to them and aim to support developments which make a positive difference.
This includes fundraising :
- For specialist projects to provide the little added extras to make life a little easier or more comfortable. For example, we have set up a Carers Café, a place […]
· New study compiles the views and experiences of those who live, visit and work in care homes across England.
· Wide variation revealed, with great care contrasting with homes failing to get the basics right for every resident.
· National Care champion Healthwatch England urges homes to be more open to using feedback from residents, relatives and staff to help drive improvement.
Work by Healthwatch Portsmouth has helped to inform a new national report on peoples’ experience of care homes. Healthwatch Portsmouth have […]
Help NICE find a community leader or advocate to develop our quality standard on Black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups: promoting health and preventing mortality
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) produces guidance on the most effective ways to prevent, diagnose and treat disease and ill health, and provide social care support. Their guidance is based on research evidence and takes into account the views of people working in or using relevant services, and other stakeholder groups.
They are currently looking for Black, Asian and other minority ethnic group community leaders and their advocates (usually referred to as ‘lay members’ at NICE) to join the committee which will be developing their […]
We would like to thank everyone who took the time to complete our recent survey helping us to decide what we will concentrate on over the next 12 months. The results were as follow:
- The quality of hospital discharges – 43.48%
- Access to mental health services – 43.48%
- Experience of people living in care homes – 33.33%
- Differing methods of accessing GP services – 33.33%
- Quality of domiciliary care provided in the community – 30.43%
- Young […]
We are now running drop-in sessions at the Citizen’s Advice office 2-3 Ark Royal House, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth, PO1 2GF.
Members of the Healthwatch team will be there from 9.30 – 4.30 Tuesdays and Thursdays. During the drop-in’s we can:
- offer you information and advice about local services
- Advise or support you with an NHS complaint
- Listen to your views on local health and social care services and more importantly make those views known.
- Let you know our latest projects […]