We have been informed by Solent NHS Trust that Portsmouth Water will be carrying out major works in the roads surrounding St James Hospital over the next few weeks starting from Monday 8 October. As a result of the disruption there is likely to be congestin on the main roads surrounding St James – patients and carers are advised to allow extra time to reach the hospital.
|LOCATION||START DATE WEEK COMMENCING||DURATION|
|CHURCH VIEW||8 OCTOBER 2018||6 WEEKS|
|BLENDWORTH ROAD||15 OCTOBER 2018||5 WEEKS|
|WARREN AVENUE||22 OCTOBER 2018||7 WEEKS|
|CATISFIELD ROAD||12 NOVEMBER 2018||6 WEEKS|
|MEON ROAD||26 NOVEMBER 2018||6 WEEKS|
We have recently sent out our Autumn newsletter to Healthwatch Portsmouth members and stakeholders. It contains news items on our volunteers, the latest developments in health and social care across Portsmouth and details of events.
To receive future editions of the newsletter click here to sign up to Healthwatch Portsmouth news
Public Health England have published a guide to the winter flu vaccination – it includes information on people who should consider having the vaccination.
Flu can affect anyone but if you have a long-term health condition the effects of flu can make it worse even if the condition is well managed and you normally feel well.
You should have the free flu vaccine if you are:
• pregnant or have a long term condition such as:
• a heart problem
• a chest complaint or breathing difficulties, including bronchitis, emphysema or severe asthma
• a kidney disease
• lowered immunity due to disease or treatment (such as steroid medication or cancer treatment)
- Carers are not always aware of their rights to an assessment and information and advice.
- Carers only start looking for help when they reach a ‘crisis’ point. Any delay in accessing support at this point has an adverse effect on their health and wellbeing.
- Carers have to wait an average of 57 days for services once they request support. This, in and of itself, is not an overly long wait, […]