· New study compiles the views and experiences of those who live, visit and work in care homes across England.
· Wide variation revealed, with great care contrasting with homes failing to get the basics right for every resident.
· National Care champion Healthwatch England urges homes to be more open to using feedback from residents, relatives and staff to help drive improvement.
Work by Healthwatch Portsmouth has helped to inform a new national report on peoples’ experience of care homes. Healthwatch Portsmouth have […]
Help NICE find a community leader or advocate to develop our quality standard on Black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups: promoting health and preventing mortality
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) produces guidance on the most effective ways to prevent, diagnose and treat disease and ill health, and provide social care support. Their guidance is based on research evidence and takes into account the views of people working in or using relevant services, and other stakeholder groups.
They are currently looking for Black, Asian and other minority ethnic group community leaders and their advocates (usually referred to as ‘lay members’ at NICE) to join the committee which will be developing their […]
We would like to thank everyone who took the time to complete our recent survey helping us to decide what we will concentrate on over the next 12 months. The results were as follow:
- The quality of hospital discharges – 43.48%
- Access to mental health services – 43.48%
- Experience of people living in care homes – 33.33%
- Differing methods of accessing GP services – 33.33%
- Quality of domiciliary care provided in the community – 30.43%
- Young […]
We are now running drop-in sessions at the Citizen’s Advice office 2-3 Ark Royal House, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth, PO1 2GF.
Members of the Healthwatch team will be there from 9.30 – 4.30 Tuesdays and Thursdays. During the drop-in’s we can:
- offer you information and advice about local services
- Advise or support you with an NHS complaint
- Listen to your views on local health and social care services and more importantly make those views known.
- Let you know our latest projects […]
The 2017 Patient’s Choice Award is for members of the public to thank a Portsmouth Hospitals employee or team who have made a real difference to their or a relative’s healthcare.
Do you know a member of staff who has made a real difference to yours or a relative’s healthcare?
Do you know an individual or team who have gone the extra mile to provide you with an exceptional service?
Do you know an individual or team who have gone beyond the call of duty to […]
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is consulting on a further set of proposals which will help shape the next phase of regulation for health and social care across the country.
For the next eight weeks anyone with an interest is encouraged to have their say.
The proposals include:
• Changes to the regulation of primary medical services and adult social care services, including the frequency and intensity of its inspections and how CQC monitors providers and gathers its intelligence.
• Improvements to the structure […]