Healthwatch Portsmouth is led by its members which means that local people are at the centre of the work we do. There are many different ways for people to be involved in our work and we welcome help from all sections of the community. Everyone is different and we appreciate that people have different interests and time commitments. Because of this, volunteering with Healthwatch is very flexible and is designed to fit around your life.
Why volunteer with Healthwatch Portsmouth?
Volunteering with us will be a rewarding and enjoyable experience. We hope the various roles we have on offer will give you the opportunity to:
- Make a difference to your local community by helping people to have a voice about local health and social care.
- Meet new people
- Enhance your skills and knowledge
- Access training and support
- Use existing skills
- Add valuable experience to your CV
Who should apply?
The roles are open to anyone with an interest in improving health and social care. If you are passionate about shaping Healthwatch or spreading the word across the city then we would be delighted to hear from you. We want volunteers from a wide range of communities and backgrounds with contacts and networks that can help Healthwatch Portsmouth.
All Healthwatch Portsmouth volunteers will be provided with:
- Training, including a skills audit and support to undertake their role
- A full Healthwatch Portsmouth induction
- Out of pocket expenses in line with Healthwatch Portsmouth policy
- On-going appropriate training and support